Chapter 9: The Changing South


In this chapter, we learned mainly about slavery and manufacturing of the Changing South. I was surprised in the number of slaves in the South. As I researched on the slavery in California, a type of slavery existed among the native people before the arrival of the European colonists. As Anglo settlers from the Southern and Eastern United States came to California, many free and enslaved people of African ancestry were part of the California Gold Rush (1848-1855), and many were able to buy their freedom and freedom for their families, primarily in the South with the gold they found. There has been Slavery from the decades of native Indians through under Mexican rule and under the United States’ rule. It was a surprising fact to me that there existed a form of slavery before even European colonists arrived. As I see the history of slavery, I doubted that slavery is a human nature. And I realized the reason why people fought so long time to break down slavery.

Source: en.wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment