Chapter 2: Geographic Patters of the Physical Environment

According to the figures in the textbook, “Physiographic regions” and “Climate regions”, Los Angeles is located in Pacific Mountains and Valleys and Mediterranean or Dry Summer Subtropical. With these physical environments, I believe Los Angeles is one of the finest places to live. I was born in Korea and lived for like 15 years. The weather of Korea has four distinct seasons with colder winter and hotter summer than Los Angeles. One of geographic influences that affect on climate is latitude. Latitudes of Los Angeles and Korea are similar (34N for LA and 37N for Korea). And both are around coast. I tried to find what factors are related on the difference in weather between Los Angeles and Korea. The only thing I could think of was topography and precipitation, but I couldn’t find any specific data. Or small difference of 3 degree latitude may cause the weather difference. My curiosity came from the fact that I couldn’t see any snow in Los Angeles since I’ve seen snow every winter in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment