Chapter 1: Regions and Themes

I selected Los Angeles as the city I want to talk about. I am an international student from Korea. I’ve lived in the United States for 8 year. However, I realized that I didn’t know much about this city. With this course I want to know about where I live more geographically.

Los Angeles, California is located on the West Coast of the United States. According to the figure in the textbook, “Regions of the United States and Canada”, Los Angeles is in California region. Since we learned mainly about urbanization, I researched on the urbanization of Los Angeles. Los Angeles is the second largest city or metropolitan area in the United States (New York is the largest city in the U.S.) and 13th in the world in 2003. I was surprised in the fact that Seoul Korea is the second largest metropolitan area in the world. The population of Los Angeles diverges with how the area is defined. Los Angeles itself is 3.8 million, which is the largest city in California. The population of Los Angeles metropolitan area (Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metropolitan) is 17.7 million people.

Source: en.wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment